- A truly, truly hideous haircut. There are no words, really.
- Watching Monarch of the Glen via Netflix. It's lovely and benign, and if I'm being honest, it's loveliness and benignity are probably symptomatic of my current spiritual/personal/emotional rut.
- Ants. In my house.
- Jasper Fford novels--the Tuesday Next series in particular. Again, benign, though not perhaps lovely--brain candy though, without a doubt.
- Fear for the planet in general, my daugher in particular. I'm having one of those days where I'm worried that despite all my efforts, she will be kidnapped or raped or killed in a horrific freak accident or at the very least, will inherit a world with no resources or have to live through WW3.
- Cosmic brain fuck over finally deciding that there probably is no god, and no point, and living in a human body is a weird coincidence that doesn't make sense combined with guilt for not just being grateful for food, clothing, a reasonably peaceful town, and a healthy child.