Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Talet Show Video

(This entry is also posted at www.missuzj.com, my new blog address. I'll be simul-blogging until the end of the month, and then will be posting exclusively at www.missuzj.com.)

Remember the South Elementary Variety Show? Sophie had such high hopes for her "performance" and then some serious stage fright turned her sweet solo into a dubious duet? (Alliteration strikes again!)

I finally received the video from the PTA, and after 2 hours of trying to figure out Windows Movie Maker and YouTube, I just may just be ready to share it with you.

So, I won't say anything about what a giant cow I am, or about how my shirt looks like a circus tent.

I will, however, note that Sophie is already planning her performance for next year. She says she's doing ballet, and I'll tell you what--if she gets stage fright next year, she's on her own. There are many things I will do for my daughter. I will sit through an hour of swimming lessons every day. I will fry her eggs "hotel style." I will leave fun mojito fueled parties early so that she can get enough sleep. I will read her Knufflebunny over and over again. I will wipe runny noses on my sleeve. But I will not dance on a stage in front of people. Ever.


Comment whore wants to know...

1. How stinkin' cute is my kid? and


2. What are 2 things you WILL do for your child and two things you WON'T do?



1 comment:

OMH said...

That has got to be one of the sweetest MOM moments I have ever seen!