Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Pork Sickness

Soph kept asking me today if people still get pork sickness. I thought for some weird reason she was referring to trichinosis--right? Isn't that what you get if you eat raw pork? So I went into this whole song and dance about cooking meats to their proper temperature and what have you.

She got way confused, and said she thought her teacher wanted kids to bring wet wipes to school because of pork sickness, and what did that have to do with cooking meat?

Light bulb. Pork sickness=swine flu. I'm assuming most of you got that one before I did.

Her backpack is ready to go, sitting by the front door. We now live less than a block from her elementary school, so she'll be walking. Her friend Beesley is picking her up at 8:30, and then off to the 4th grade.

Today's best thing about being a mom: Helping put new pencils in the new pencil box.

Today's worst thing about being a mom: Worrying about mean kids.

1 comment:

amandak said...

keep blogging! keep blogging! Just change up that challenge to 30 posts in 60 days. I love you SO!!