Sunday, January 30, 2011

Notions

It's so nice to have a Sunday stretching out before me with all of the housework done.  Yesterday we had a couple of pals over to break in the pool table, so today, with the exception of tidying up from that, I can just sit in my clean house and not feel like I have a million things to do.

So, the main items on the agenda for today are to tally and submit my troop's GS cookie orders and finish an afghan I've been working on for a few weeks.

There is one tiny little fly in my ointment, though. E bought Sophie this little kit that has a recipe book and silicone baking cups in it.  I feel like it's called "Party in a Cup."  It has recipes for everything from chocolate mousse to shrimp-cocktail cups to gazpacho. And I know he did it to be nice. And I know he didn't think "Hmmm. Here's something for Soph to nag Boo about until she goes mad and finally goes and buys the shit for it and spends 3 hours of her weekend preparing drippy and probably nasty recipes that no one will actually want to eat." I KNOW that wasn't the intent. But it is the reality.

I call them "Soph's Notions."  That girl gets an idea in her head and is so fucking tenacious about it.  Sometimes I worry that the OCD on her dad's side of the family is poking its rotten little head out.  It's like she's in a constant state of disappointment because none of her visions are being completely fulfilled.  From sales ventures to major theatrical productions, she wants things to happen, on a large scale, just so, right now.

Today's best thing about being a mom: Having a built-in duster.

Today's worst thing about being a mom: Sitting here trying to come up with a best thing about being a mom and getting interrupted like 8 times with questions and requests and just needing five fucking minutes already!

No comments: