Thursday, August 10, 2006

Guess who broke a sweat today?

That would be me folks.

See, Sophie's across the street friend, Bianca, has a trampoline. An old, huge, dangerous trampoline with exposed, broken springs, a fucking LADDER to get on it, and no safety enclosure.

Soph and I have been doing battle about that trampoline. I don't want her on it. She loves it. I let her jump with Bianca, but check on her like every 3 minutes and then make up some excuse to get her the hell away from that broken arm waiting to happen.

So, as Soph's birthday is coming up (the 12th, remember?) I ordered her this. Notice the included safety enclosure? Notice how it has no springs, just nifty elastics? Notice how it is close enough to the ground for her to climb on and off of by herself--no rusty old ladder required? Sweet.

I put the order in on Monday, and it arrived today. How's that for speedy?

When I arrived home from my NEVER ENDING beginning of school meetings today, 2 boxes were waiting for me at the front door. The instructions said that in order to assemble the trampoline and enclosure, one needed 3 "able bodied" adults. Piffle! Pashaw! I put that bitch together myself in under 2 hours.

Soph loves it, and we jumped and jumped. My leg muscles are sore! So is my neck, for some reason. I'll probably be slightly miserable tomorrow. I think it'll be worth it, though.

Pictures soon, I promise.

Today's best thing about being a mom:
That great big shit-eating grin she gets on her face when something VERY cool is going down.

Today's worst thing about being a mom:
This was my first day away from her all day in a long time. It kind of sucked.

4 comments:

~A~ said...

You're such a rockin' mom. My kids have been wanting one of those for like freaking evah!

Keep jumping, prolly help the CFS a bit. Esp with school starting back up.

xoxo

oh, I have tune file share thing set up on laundryhexes.com. I'll have to email you the goods.

OMH said...

You could do it because you are a WOMAN! The test case was using MEN.

No I really am impressed. I love that it is safer.....hmmm maybe Bianca's parents will see it and think WOW - what a GREAT idea and get a new one for their house.

Have you contacted your home owners insurance? Does a trampoline increase your liability like a swimming pool does?

Katy said...

Hooray for sweating!!

Stine said...

What a kick ass fun way to get exercise.

Yay!