Genre: Drama/Element: Screenplay
- To Kill a Mockingbird OR Rocky
- Dead Poets' Society OR Straight Story
Genre: Musical/Element: Art Direction
- Singin' in the Rain
- Moulin Rouge
Genre: Sci Fi-Fantasy/Element: Special Effects
- Star Wars
- Harry Potter and the Sorcer's Stone
Genre: Thriller/Element: Direction
- Rear Window
- ??? Ideas? Quality PGish thriller in the last 20 years with exceptional direction?
Genre: Action Adventure/Element: Editing
- King Kong 1933
- King Kong 2005
Genre: Noir/Element: Cinematography
- Maltese Falcon
- ??? Ideas? Again, a quality noir film from the last 20 years with exceptional cinematography?
Genre: Western/Element: Score
- Magnificent Seven
- Snow White
- The Nightmare Before Christmas
Genre: Martial Arts/Element: Foreign Language Film
- Seven Samuari
- Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon
For documentaries, I'm thinking
- When We Were Kings (Tons of my guys are into boxing)
- Rize (Boys of Baraka is R. Thppt.)
- Whatever short documentaries I can track down
- Winter of the Dance (A pal of mine knows these guys, and participated in Winter of the Beard, which I hope will be out by the end of the year. I may be able to get the director and producer in town to chat with us.)
So, what I'm lacking is comedy. (In so many ways.) Ly suggested Bringing up Baby, but I don't know if my kids will stick with that one. Maybe. What "film element" would fit well with comedy? I'm kind of thinking either acting or production, since, well, that's what's left.
School starts tomorrow! Wish me luck.