So--2 weeks have gone by with hardly a post or a comment. Here are my top 5 excuses. Interestingly enough, some of them are the same excuses I've heard from my students a time or two.
5. The dog ate my computer. (Actually, he didn't eat the computer, but he did bite my cell phone charger in half. He also chewed the nose and feet off of Jacque. Not this one, this one. He also keeps getting out of the yard, I think to dally with the pit bull, Princess across the street. I keep telling E that he--Jimmy of course--needs his balls lopped of something fierce. Hopefully he'll call the vet soon.)
4. I had a doctor's appointment. (Ok. That's a lie, but Sophie had one--her diagnosis was bronchitis. I did hurt my back though--ripping the carpet off of the living room floor. Got a bit of a bee in my bonnet last Sunday. Other than 2 spots with some water damage, the hardwood isn't looking too bad. With this stupid back of mine, my shitty computer stool/chair does feel like a torture chamber.)
3. It's all the school's fault. (You see, they BLOCKED blogs and personal pages from all the schools computers. This really pisses me off, because people can still spend all fucking day forwarding bullshit jokes and religious aphorisms and chain letters to curse or bless you if you don't send them to a gagillion people, but I can't read a blog. Whatever.)
2. I didn't know what to write about. (Plus, I got the blogger guilts. I quit checking my blog, and those of others, because I hadn't in so long that I knew I'd have a ton to read and write about and comment about and so just treated the whole thing with the same attitude I treat my student loans. If I don't acknowledge it, it doesn't exist.)
1. I forgot. (You see, I was busy with something else. I said I'd never do it. I fought it off for literally years. Then a friend got me hooked. 2 weeks ago, I came home from a lovely afternoon of mimosas and more mimosas bearing Buffy, seasons 1-3. Fuck. So--everyone was right. Season 1 wasn't great, but was totally addictive. Season 2 was the bomb. Season 3 is even better. I'm to the one with the Hansel and Grettle stuff. Fuck. I can't stop. How many more seasons are there to go? At least with Firefly, only a week of my life was sucked away. Now--I may not get anything done for months. Oh, and Angel? Dare I say he's even hotter than Captain Mal? Yes. Yes I dare.
So--I plan to suck it up and get back on the old blogger wagon next week. E has been working on an apple lap-top for me, so soon I should be able to blog on the comfort of the couch or elswhere.
Today's best thing about being a mom:
She brought some tracing work home today. Looked to me like a triangle. So I asked, "Hey! Did you trace a triangle today?" She said, "No mom, you're wrong. I traced a triangular based prism." I shit you not.
Today's worst thing about being a mom:
Soph informed me today that she has a boyfriend. Jacob. Bianca's brother. He's an older man--in kindergarten this year. I'm wondering if I should worry.