Monday, August 08, 2005

Of Pups and Parties

I'm beginning to hate my dog. Ok. I don't hate him, I just want him to SHUT THE FUCK UP! We had to have him boarded the 2 nights we were in Flagstaff with my sis and her family, and you would think we were gone for weeks. It was sweet that he was so happy to see us, but now if he's not being played with constantly, he whines and whines and whines. I'd rather deal with anything in puppies and/or children than whining. Sophie is having a nap at my mom's, and what I WANT to do is clean my house, read my book (a very silly Nora Roberts on loan from my mom. Here's a sentence or two for your amusement. "Desires she'd ruthlessly buried broke the surface and screamed into life. Riding on the thrill, she dragged at his shirt until her hands found the hot, bare skin and dug in." Don't tell my students that their teacher sometimes indulges in a steamy romance.)

Ok. Scratch that. I don't want to clean my house at all. But, it is really repulsive. Some of the more repulsive things I can see from my perch at the computer are 2 chewed up pig ears (for the dog. He loves them. Don't ask me why.), a pair of peed in princess pull-ups, and a 1/2 eaten pop-tart. Usually I can say in honesty that my house isn't dirty--it's just cluttered. Today we've crossed the line, and unfortunately it falls on me to fix things.

Sophie is currently napping (I hope) and my mom's house. We bought stuff at the craft store to make birthday invitations today. Her party is scheduled at the ice cream parlor for Friday at 4:00. They let the kids come back and make their own Sundays--so I'm HOPING that it will be fun for her.

Now, I must clean.

Today's best thing about being a mom:
Getting to buy sparkly stickers.

Today's worst thing about being a mom:
Birthday party planning is kind of stressful.

1 comment:

hazel said...

birthday planning!!! we're doing it too, but it's for halloween, which is bella's birthday. but it's a big one.

ice cream parlor! woohoooo! pig's ears (maggie likes them too) and peed in stuff - booohoooo.