Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Albuquerque here we come!

I hate packing for trips. I can never decide whether to go the kitchen sink rout or the take only what's necessary rout. So, I've procrastinated worse than usual, and am still not done getting ready for Soph's first long vacation. It's also her first trip on an airplane, so there's a bit of anxiety there, too.

Exciting plans for our stay include a trip to Chuck E. Cheese, the zoo, and many other kid friendly attractions. I just hope I can squeeze in a cocktail or two without pissing off my mother. What's that you say? I'm 30? Well, fuck you.

So--we drive to Vegas in the morning--6:30 p.m. to be precise. The flight leaves at 10ish, and arrives in ABQ, well, sometime. My mom has the tickets, so I don't exactly know.

Someone remind my husband to water my flowers and return the movies--kay? (Kiss Kiss Bang Bang was fun fun. Nanny McPhee was too, although Colin never so much as jumped in a pond or loosened his sweaty cravat. Drat.)

Today's best thing about being a mom:
No specifics today. I just love my girl.

Today's worst thing about being a mom:
Took her to the beauty college for a trim today. The girl totally butchered Sophie's hair. It was bad. So I hurried to my salon (that I go to twice a year) to have someone fix it. Friends, it is SHORT. Way short. Too short. But--I guess it will grow. Sigh.

7 comments:

Katy said...

Take chewing gum for Sophie so her poor little earses don't hurt.

Check E. Cheese, I'm so jealous. As for the cocktail, wait til mom goes to sleep. She's old and tired.

6:30 pm is in the evening. :)

Mm. Colin jumping in the pond. Mmmm

~A~ said...

1st - a flogging for the lack of pictures! Shame shame shame.

2nd - perhaps she just wanted a hairdo like Elf?

3rd - have a safe and fun trip. Take a flask.

4th - I'm all out of thoughts. xoxo

Katy said...

oh yeah, sophie's adorable with her shortitude.

NME said...

You are already on your way - but I'm thinking of you and wishing you a painless flight, an enjoyable trip, and many clandestine cocktails.

hazel said...

pictures of sophie's hair, please?

have FUUUUUNNNNNN

lonna said...

Poor Sophie's hair. She doesn't catch a break does she? If she's not damaging it someone else is. Good thing she's young so it'll grow out quicker.

Have a great trip.

Wendy said...

Have a great trip. My favorite airplane trick? FLAT CRAYONS. They don't roll off the tray. My kids decorate the barf bags and make puppets.

And Katy's right - take gum. And a couple juice boxes if you have space.

Enjoy...