Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Safe!


We made it.

The trip was basically uneventful, but there were a few moments. First of all, our flight was canceled. We were switched to a new flight--15 minutes earlier, actually--but had to stand in the ticket line rather than self check, which, of course, sucked.

Then, we had to run for the plane because of Vegas traffic, me holding my 50+ pound daughter and her carry on fully-mobile-Sophie-unit. (Purple sparkly Disney princess backpack with wheels and a pully handle thingy.)

After boarding, however, everything went swimmingly. Soph totally took take-off in stride. She was looking out the window, turned to me, and said, "Wow! Riviting!" I shit you not.

It's time for dinner, so must go. More manana.

Today's best thing about being a mom:
Hearing strangers in the airport whispering about how cute Soph is

Today's worst thing about being a mom:
Hearing her announcement on getting out of Mand's car: "I'm going to teach these guys how to play NAKED!"

6 comments:

~A~ said...

*LMAO*

Glad to hear that you two made is safely and fairly uneventful.

Her hair isn't looking too bad. At least an 1/8th of an inch shave wasn't the remedy like it had to be here.

NME said...

Good to hear your safe and sounds and with your sister.
Sophie is a regular naked guru!
I think the hair is cute. And probably really cool for the summer.

hazel said...

I should probably play naked more.

OMH said...

See you could have saved yourself a whole bunch of stress. Why pack any clothes for Soph at all? She can fly home in the same outfit as she went in.....she would be happy - you would be less stressed over packing... WIN WIN if you ask me.

Glad you made it safe and sound - enjoy your time with your sis!

thelyamhound said...

"Wow! Riviting!"

Heh, heh.

"I'm going to teach these guys how to play NAKED!"

If I had a nickel for every time I've tried to get a party rolling with that one . . .

I LOVE the short hair.

Stine said...

Oh my God. Get that kid on Letterman.