Sunday, July 23, 2006

Explora Kids Science Museum (Experiments in Extreme Blowdrying and Bubble Making)





The vacation is going, well, ok. Yesterday, frankly, was a bit of a cluster fuck. I spent a lot of the day in tears, with a raging nauseous headache. Just my usual of trying to feel other people's feelings for them and/or with them, and getting my feelings hurt by inventing other people's feelings in my head. Dur.

Luckily, I've come far enough to be at least honest about it, and think I resolved most of the shit last night. I'll post about this abstract crap in more detail once I have a little perspective on it.

Today's best thing about being a mom:

Swimming together--her wet little cheek pressed against mine doing mermaid spins in the water.

Today's worst thing about being a mom:

Taking my personal shit out on her, then realizing I've been taking my personal shit out on her, then feeling absolutely terrible about it.

5 comments:

hazel said...

love the pictures. sorry about your day. I have days like that too. it's awful. don't beat yourself up too much - you're still a better mother than most, because you recognize things that other people wouldn't care about. thinking of you and wishing to give you a hug.

lonna said...

I love the pictures too. The museum looks really fun.

I hate when I take my shit out on Dermot. It's when I feel my lowest. So I can totally empathize. The important thing to remember is that everyone does it, and like Patrice says, it's the not wanting to do it that makes you a good mother.

Wendy said...

Great pictures. Sorry about the angst. Feeling too much is still better than feeling too little, IMHO.

NME said...

LOVE the air pictures. SO fun.

I hope the family drama passed quickly and now you are having constant nonstop fun. I mean it - no stopping that fun. You think it might let up for one second, but no. There it is. More fun than you can shake a stick at.

~A~ said...

I want to do that bubble and air stuff.

I get cracky bitchy too when my world falls apart and in turn it comes crashing on the kids. (((HUGS))) don't feel to bad, we all have our human moments.

xoxo