Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Yesterday

Whew. Yesterday was busy. Took the kids to Cedar Breaks National Monument--just about 20 minutes "up the mountain." It was grayish, but the wildflowers were spectacular, and they both had fun. We drove home in a thunderstorm, and made peanut butter and honey cookies, then did a little puddle jumping.

Today Soph has been tormenting Janzen's friend who's over by calling him a "Bonny wee lassie" over and over and over again.

Pics and Haiku follow.

Today's best thing about being a mom:
Watching Janzen look out for and take care of his little sis

Today's worst thing about being a mom:
Trying to watch a movie, albeit a very stupid one that I'm too embarrassed to even name, and having her climb all over me, lick me, kiss me, pinch me, draw on me, and try about every trick in the book to shift my attention from the movie to her.

4 comments:

amandak said...

God, I miss those wildflowers. Sigh.

So, what stupid movie were you watching? Come, on, you can tell us.

~A~ said...

yeah, I want to know on the movie too because I'm in the need of a really stupid one right about now.

NME said...

The pictures and the park are spectacular. What a great day trip.

And yum - peanut butter honey cookies!

Heather said...

Ahh... the joy I have to look forward to... becoming a jungle gym!!